2019 Olneyville Community Fund
The Olneyville Community Fund is an investment in the neighborhood we call home. Through this Fund, now in its 12th year, United Way of Rhode Island (UWRI) invests in programs designed to improve Olneyville and support its residents. In 2019, UWRI will award $80,000 in grants to organizations serving the Olneyville community.
The 2019 RFP will be released soon; the online grant application will be available here upon its release. Check back soon.
The Olneyville Community Fund supports:
- Improved access to key services for Olneyville residents.
- Improved capacity of organizations to provide key services to Olneyville residents.
- Improved awareness or advocacy around key issues impacting Olneyville residents.
- Improved physical environment in public spaces for Olneyville residents.
- Improved sense of community between Olneyville residents and partners.
Organizations are invited to apply if they:
- Have a letter of determination of 501(c)(3) status from the IRS or have a fiscal agent with 501(c)(3) status.
- Are located in the Olneyville community, and/or propose a project that specifically serves Olneyville.
- Will utilize requested funding within the grant cycle.
The application process includes the following limitations:
- The maximum request per proposal is $15,000.
- Organizations may submit a maximum of two proposals.
Each proposal must respond to one of the following four categories:
- Capital Projects — Proposals for time-limited efforts to improve physical space, equipment, or the environment. Capital Project proposals are limited to improvements to public spaces in Olneyville or improvements needed to advance programs serving the Olneyville community.
- Capacity Building — Proposals for increasing organizational capacity, including strategic planning costs, financial reviews, consultant fees, or professional development for staff. Capacity Building proposals must support organizational efforts that target Olneyville. Organizations located outside Olneyville are eligible for Capacity Funding only if it increases the organization’s capacity to serve the Olneyville community specifically.
- Program Delivery Fund — Proposals to support direct-service programming. Program Delivery proposals must support programming offered in the Olneyville community or to Olneyville residents.
- Events — Proposals to support Olneyville community events.
If funded, grantee organizations will be required to:
- Attend at least one meeting of the Olneyville Collaborative.
- Deliver a presentation introducing their program to the community at said meeting.
- Complete at least one site visit with United Way staff.
- Submit a final report to United Way of Rhode Island.
For more information, contact Kyle Bennett at 401.444.0719 or email@example.com.