2017 Olneyville Community Fund
Request for Proposals
United Way of Rhode Island is currently accepting applications for the 2017 Olneyville Community Fund, in which UWRI will award $90,000 in grants to agencies that specifically serve the Olneyville community.
As neighbors in this community, the Olneyville Community Fund is an investment in the community that we call home. UWRI will continue to invest in programs designed to improve the Olneyville neighborhood and to support its residents through the Olneyville Community Fund, now in its tenth year.
The purpose of the Olneyville Community Fund is to support the following results in the Olneyville neighborhood:
- Improved access to key services for Olneyville residents
- Improved capacity of organizations to provide key services to Olneyville residents
- Improved awareness or advocacy around a key issue impacting Olneyville residents
- Improved physical environment in public spaces for Olneyville residents
- Improved sense of community between Olneyville residents and partners
Organizations are invited to apply if they:
- Have a letter of determination of 501(c) status from the IRS or have a fiscal agent that has 501(c) status;
- Are located in the Olneyville Community, as defined HERE; and/or propose a project/program that specifically serves the Olneyville Community.
- Are requesting funding that will be utilized between April 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018.
- The maximum request per proposal is $15,000.
- Organizations may submit a maximum of two proposals.
Each proposal must respond to one of the following four categories:
- Capital Projects – Proposals for time-limited efforts to improve physical space, equipment, or environment. Capital Project proposals are limited to improvements to public spaces in Olneyville or improvements needed to advance programs serving the Olneyville community.
- Capacity Building – Proposals for increasing organizational capacity, including strategic planning costs, financial reviews, consultant fees, or professional development for staff. Capacity Building proposals must support organizational efforts targeted to Olneyville. Organizations located outside of Olneyville are only eligible for Capacity Funding if it increases the organization’s capacity to serve the Olneyville community specifically.
- Program Delivery Fund – Proposals to support direct-service programming. Program Delivery proposals must support programming offered in the Olneyville Community or to Olneyville residents.
- Events – Proposals to support Olneyville Community events.
How to Apply
For more information and to request access to the online application,
- The deadline for submitting proposals is February 3, 2017.
- Funding decisions will be announced on March 9, 2017.
- Funded programs will receive disbursements starting in April, 2017.
If funded, grantee agencies will be required to:
- Attend at least one meeting of the Olneyville Collaborative, and deliver a presentation introducing your program to the community;
- Complete at least one site visit with United Way staff;
- Submit a final report to United Way of Rhode Island.
For more information contact: Jen Chapman at 401.444.0624 or firstname.lastname@example.org.