Have you ever tried to fill out Medicare paperwork? It can be confusing, to say the least.
With the open enrollment period for Medicare coverage beginning October 15, United Way of Rhode Island is hosting five events to help Rhode Islanders with their health and prescription plans.
Senior Health Insurance Program (SHIP) Counselors will be available for one-on-one meetings to answer questions and assist with enrollment. Events will be held on Saturdays, from 9 am to 2 pm, at our Providence office, located at 50 Valley Street.
There’s no cost to attend, but those interested in receiving assistance must make an appointment in advance by calling 2-1-1 or The POINT at (401) 462-4444.
- Saturday, October 20, 2018
- Saturday, October 27, 2018
- Saturday, November 3, 2018
- Saturday, November 10, 2018
- Saturday, December 1, 2018
Those attending are asked to bring the following to assist with the enrollment process:
- Medicare card and any additional health insurance cards.
- A list of current prescription medications.
If you are unable to attend a Saturday event, please call 2-1-1 or The POINT at (401) 464-4444 for information on additional assistance.