We’re hung up on numbers. Why? Because we want to make sure your time and money (and ours) makes the biggest difference possible for Rhode Islanders. Take a look at all we’ve accomplished together during this past year: 2017-18 Community Impact Report.
Last year, we helped more than 183,000 Rhode Islanders.
- 2-1-1 answered more than 300,000 requests for help with shelter, food, health information, and other basic needs.
- More than $21 million in tax credits and refunds were returned to Rhode Island workers through Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA)
- We offered more than 60+ events throughout the year that ranged from family-friendly to professional development opportunities for young leaders and women.
- We placed 2,793 volunteers in the communities that needed them most.
- 1,100 children participated in the Hasbro Summer Learning Initiative in 2018
- YLC also had a total of 15 events of volunteering, mentoring, learning and networking
- Women United invested more than $100,000 in summer learning.
United Way 2-1-1 in Rhode Island has taken over 1,640,950 calls in 11 years. Want more? Read our full report here: