We’re hung up on numbers.
Why? Because we want to ensure your time and money makes the biggest difference possible for Rhode Islanders. Take a look at all we’ve accomplished together during the past year: 2017-18 Community Impact Report.
Last year, we helped 46,562 Rhode Islanders.
- 2-1-1 answered 194,735 requests for help with shelter, food, health information, and other basic needs.
- More than $23 million in tax credits and refunds were returned to Rhode Island workers through Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA).
- We offered more than 60 events throughout the year that ranged from family-friendly to professional development opportunities for young leaders and women.
- We placed 1,724 volunteers in the communities that needed them most.
- 1,131 children participated in the Hasbro Summer Learning Initiative.
- The Young Leaders Circle (YLC) hosted 15 learning, mentoring, networking, and volunteering events.
- Women United invested $181,503 in summer learning.
Over the past 11 years, United Way 2-1-1 in Rhode Island has taken 1,835,685 calls from people across the state. Want to know more? Read our full report.