In the coming months, Philanthropy Account users will transition to an improved donor advised fund called MyFundTM, a service that will remain free to our leadership donors. Until then, continue using this form.
MyFundTM will include an online solution that makes giving to charities quick, easy, and secure. Add funds, designate gifts, view and print statements all in one place. Consolidate giving and rely on one tax receipt.
Already have a Philanthropy Account?
Good news — your account will be transitioned to MyFundTM. When we go live, you’ll receive an email from United Way of Rhode Island with login information. With MyFundTM you will have the same level of care and support from United Way that you have come to expect and depend upon with your Philanthropy Account.
Questions about your MyFundTM account? Contact Sandy Smithson, MyFund Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 401.444.0620.
Interested in creating a MyFundTM giving account?
Please contact Amanda Heinsen, Director of Major Gifts, at email@example.com or 401.444.0622.
When the new MyFundTM online solution is live, the terms and conditions will be found at www.myfund.org. Please bookmark and check this page for updates to our product launch.
How it works:
- Pledge $1,000 or more to United Way, online or through your workplace giving campaign.
- Send gifts to any verified 501 (c)(3) in the country, including nonprofits, places of worship, and schools.
- Get one tax receipt at the end of the year that represents all of your donations, including appreciated stock.
- Feel confident. We do the research to verify 501 (c)(3) charities.
- Share your account with a partner, child or your accountant.
- Become a United Way of Rhode Island leadership donor — you’ve earned it — your pledge enrolls you in our Keel Club or Tocqueville Society.
Consider making a gift from your MyFundTM account to United Way’s Community Impact Fund, and 100 percent of your gift will support people and programs in Rhode Island.
United Way of Rhode has offered donor-advised funds for more than 30 years. Thanks to a permanent trust, all of our overhead costs are covered. 100% of every contribution goes directly to people and programs.