- Afterschool in Action: Innovative Afterschool Programs Supporting Middle School Youth (2013)
- Evaluations Backgrounder: A Summary of Formal Evaluations of Afterschool Programs’ Impact on Academics, Behavior, Safety, and Family Life (January 2013)
- Partnerships with STEM Rich Institutions (November 2013)
- Summer Learning Programs Nourish Kids’ Bodies and Minds (June 2013)
- Taking a Deeper Dive into Afterschool: Positive Outcomes and Promising Practices (February 2014)
- The Achievement Gap is Real (2013)
- An Analysis of the Effects of an Academic Summer Program for Middle School Students (March 2015)
- Collective Impact and the New Generation of Cross-Sector Collaborations for Education: A Nationwide Scan (March 2016)
- Connecting the Dots: Data Use in Afterschool Systems (April 2016)
- Foundations for Young Adult Success: A Developmental Framework (June 2015)
- Growing Together, Learning Together (July 2015)
- Hours of Opportunity, Volume 1: Lessons from Five Cities on Building Systems to Improve After-School, Summer School, and Other Out-of-School-Time Programs (2010)
- How Cities are Sustaining Their Afterschool Systems (October 2015)
- Ready for Fall? Near-Term Effects of Voluntary Summer Learning Programs on Low-Income Students’ Learning Opportunities and Outcomes (December 2014)
- Report Brief: Something To Say (November 2013)
- Scaling Up, Staying True: A Wallace Conference Report on Spreading Innovations in Expanded Learning (April 2014)
- Something to Say: Success Principles for Afterschool Arts Programs From Urban Youth and Other Experts (November 2013), featuring RI’s RiverzEdge Arts Project
- Afterschool Alliance
The nation’s leading voice for afterschool, the Afterschool Alliance is dedicated to raising awareness of the importance of afterschool programs and advocating for more afterschool investments.
- Child Trends
Provides excellent research and briefs for the out-of-school time field, including staff development, school and community involvement, and outcome measurements.
- The Finance Project
Offers wide-ranging research related to their core mission to help leaders finance and sustain initiatives to build better futures for children, families, and communities.
- The Forum for Youth Investment
A trusted resource for policymakers, advocates, researchers, and program professionals. Provides youth and adult leaders with the information, connections, and tools they need to create greater opportunities and outcomes for young people.
- Harvard Family Research Project (HFRP)
Publishes an evaluation periodical (The Evaluation Exchange) that addresses current issues facing program evaluators of all levels, with articles written by the most prominent evaluators in the field. HFRP also provides a compilation of evaluation profiles of out-of-school-time programs and initiatives.
- National AfterSchool Association
A leading voice of the afterschool profession dedicated to the development, education, and care of children and youth during their out-of-school hours. Also wrote a code of ethics that is very useful to the field.
- Nellie Mae Education Foundation
Dedicated solely to preparing New England’s learners for success. The Foundation’s strategic focus is promoting student-centered learning at the middle and high school levels across the region.
- Rhode Island KIDS COUNT
Publishes an annual factbook that reports on 60+ indicators of child and youth well-being across five areas as well as periodic policy briefs on various education and health topics.
- The Wallace Foundation
Seeks to support and share effective ideas and practices that will strengthen education leadership, arts participation, and out-of-school learning.