Leading the Charge. Inspiring the Change.
At Women United, we focus our energy and resources on achieving one very important goal: improving childhood literacy in Rhode Island. Children who can read at grade level by the end of third grade are much more likely to experience academic success than those who cannot.
Our state’s future depends on the ability of every Rhode Islander to participate in the economy. By giving each student the tools they need to succeed, we are investing in that future and helping to make it a reality.
It’s true that every community needs strong advocates who understand their problems, know their potential, and can offer solutions. At the same time, lasting change can occur only when a dedicated, well-organized network shares their solutions and strategies with other communities.
That’s where Women United comes in—we cultivate, inspire, and harness the power of local women to create lasting change.
What are the advantages of joining?
- Belong to a community of 144 like-minded women who share their passions, ideas, and strengths.
- Volunteer alongside other strong women who are also looking to create change.
- Collaborate with business and community leaders.
- Create literacy opportunities, including STEM, for young Rhode Islanders.
Who’s able to join?
- Any Rhode Island woman who makes an annual leadership gift of at least $1,000.
Want to learn more?
Major Gifts Officer
Women United Manager